Student Finance

If you are eligible for Student Finance, you may also be able to apply for maintenance grants to support you during your training year. The following link will take you to the Student Finance Calculator which can give an idea of the support available to you based on your individual circumstances:


Students with Children

If you have children and plan to train to be a teacher full time then you could get help with learning costs. Find out more about Parents’ Learning Allowance by clicking the following link:

It may also be possible for you to apply for a Childcare Grant to help cover up to 85% of the costs of your childcare whilst you are studying.


Students with a Dependent Adult

If you live with someone who is dependent upon you financially and you are in full time higher education, you are eligible to apply for an Adult Dependants’ Grant.


Students with a Specific Learning Disability

If you have a disability or a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance.