After You Apply
What happens after applying online?
Your online application will be sent to us. If you are successful we will be in touch to organise an interview. This may be face to face or remote, via Zoom. A senior member of the SCITT staff will conduct your interview.
- Interview guidance will be sent to help you to prepare
- You will be asked to give a short presentation
- There is a written task using a teaching resource
- Set questions will be used to frame the formal part of the interview
- You will be asked to do a teaching activity in a class and work under the direction of the class teacher
What happens after the interview?
You will be contacted within two working days in order to let you know if you have been successful in securing a place on one of our courses.
We will then send you pre-course materials and access to our online resources. We will also require you to complete a Health and Physical Capacity to Teach assessment and an enhanced DBS check to confirm your suitability to work with children.